Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Baked Citrus Halibut

My husband and I love having this flavourful dish when we don't have a lot of time to prep dinner. Did I say "we"??? I meant "when I don't have a lot of time to prep dinner". Silly me! ;) My man is King of the BBQ, but the kitchen is my domaine! :)

This recipe is very easy to double or triple, if necessary. As long as you use a firm fish (ie cod, halibut ...) it'll be great. Serve with sauted green beans and rice.

1lb frozen halibut fillets, thawed
1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced (optional)
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp orange zest

Preheat oven to 375F. Place fillets in an 11x7-inch, greased baking dish. Sprinkle with parsley (if using) and pepper.

In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender; sprinkle over fish. Combine juices and orange zest; drizzle over fish.

Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Yield: 4 servings

Originally from: "Taste of Home" magazine (June/July 1999 - pg 16)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails