Saturday, 6 March 2010

Maple Icing

I got this recipe from my sister-in-law several years ago. At one of our family do's she had brought a banana cake that had a good 1/4 inch of this amazing icing. Even though there is no actual maple anything in it, this sure does remind me of maple candy. Mmmm. And who would have thought that maple and banana would taste so good together (not me, apparently!). Check out my Best Banana Bread recipe (bake it as a 9x13-inch cake) to use under this icing since I'm almost positive that it isn't appropriate to just eat this delicious icing all on it's own. Is it?


1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
1/2 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup icing sugar

In a medium saucepan, combine butter, milk and brown sugar. Bring to boil. Boil for a minimum of 3 minutes; stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and icing sugar; with a small whisk, beat until smooth. Allow icing to cool before icing cake.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails