Sunday, 25 April 2010

Weekly Book Poll (April 25th) - Whatcha reading??

This past week I finally finished off the two books I've been reading. "Border Lass" by Amanda Scot was ok but definitely not great. It was my first foray into the world of e-books. While I loved reading on my iTouch whenever I had a spare moment I still love having my paper books. The overall storyline was OK but not a favourite historical fiction read for me.

I also finished up "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. It was a really interesting read. A mix of historical fiction from 3 different eras and 2 different people, fairy tales and mystery. It had it all!

Currently I have about 50 pages left of "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. You'll have to wait for my book review to see what I thought of this book. :)

Next up? "Killer Heat" by Linda Fairstein. I thought I'd give the historical fiction genre a break and go for more of a suspense read.

What did you read this past week? What are you reading this coming week?

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

I am re-reading The Summoning and The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong because I just ordered the 3rd one online from Chapters, I am soooooo excited to see how she ends this series, it was a great read!

Aleisha said...

I also ordered the Forgotten Garden because of your review, I can't wait to read that one too!

Laurie said...

Hi Aleisha!
I've read both The Summoning and The Awakening by Armstrong and really liked them. Like you, I'm going to have to re-read them before reading the next book. I've been reading so many YA supernatural books that they've all started to blend together.

I hope you enjoy The Forgotten Garden. It was a great read. Look at my review of The Help. If you haven't read that one yet ... get it asap. It's amazing!! :)

Laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails