Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Weekly Reading Poll

I'm still on holiday time which is why the poll is a day or so late. So ... what has everyone been reading this past week? Did you love it? Would you recommend it? Or did you waste hours that you'll never get back on a stinker of a book? What are you planning on reading this week?

Personally, I had a great reading week. I finished "Time of My Life" by Allison Winn Scotch (chick lit) -- review to come soon -- and I'm whipping through "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Sea of Monsters" (2nd book in the series). 10 year old "Cub" recommended the series to me and now 8 year old "Karate Guy" is hot on my heels and is almost done reading the first book in the series. He keeps asking me what page I'm on because he wants to read Sea of Monsters as soon as I'm done. Talk about pressure ... and a family of book addicts!! ;)

Next up for me? I'll either read "Cleopatra's Daughter" by Michelle Moran or a quick and quirky mystery by Nancy Martin called "Murder Melts in Your Mouth" (7th book in the Blackbird Sisters series) or "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant (highly recommended by posters here on my blog).

5 comments:

Beth said...

I finally got a chance to read again after our road trip! Just completed The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff. Really enjoyed it. Next I'll be reading Labyrinth by Kate Mosse which sounds like a Dan Brown read-alike but is apparently a fantasy novel. I'm reading it for my Reader's Advisory group at work.

Laurie said...

I noticed that you're reading The 19th Wife. I have heard of it and thought it sounded interesting.
I've also heard of Kate Mosse --not the model but the author ;). I'll check her out too.
Didn't you read at all on your trip?!?! Egads! You must have been in physical pain from lack of books!!! ;) I'm sure the view of the Grand Canyon helped ease the pain.

A Cop's Girl said...

I know you like books about WW2 and the Holocaust.I just finished one by Anita Diamant who wrote The Red Tent.It's about four women who survived the Holocaust and wind up in Atlit internment camp.I am not going to give anything away but it's a great read and it goes fast.Some of the characters l loved some l did not like for their actions.Another book for your to read list lol.On a personal note my great-grandparents,grandparents,and father all lived through WW2 in Holland.My grandfather was in the camps for four years and l know first hand how bad it really was.And that is putting it lightly.

A Cop's Girl said...

Opps l forgot to give you the title of the book.Day After Night is what it's called and l blame the lack of coffee for the oversight.

Laurie said...

Thanks Cop's Girl. I've put it on my 'wanna read' list. It sounds perfect for me! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails