Monday, June 7, 2010

Chicken Salad with Grapes 'n' Craisins



I have had a hankerin' for some homemade chicken salad for awhile now so I tinkered in my kitchen today and came up with this delicious little sam'ich that has a hint of sweetness from the grapes and Craisins.

If you're in the mood to be playful with this recipe you could also try adding in some diced, peeled apple (Granny Smiths would work well) or adding in some chopped water chestnuts for some added crunch. If you love a messier, saucier version just add some more sour cream or mayo.

From the picture I took above you can see that I didn't skimp on filling my croissant. Go big or go home, I always say! While it was a little awkward I can report that I did eat it without actually wearing any of it! If you'd prefer a less messy option either don't fill your croissant so full or try using a tortilla and making a wrap instead.

1 1/2 cups cooked, diced chicken
juice of 1/2 small lemon (approximately 1 tbsp)
2 tbsp onion, finely diced
2 tbsp celery, finely diced
4 tbsp sour cream
3 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp Craisins
8 red seedless grapes, quartered
Pinch of dried thyme

Mix all of the ingredients together. Serve on a croissant with lettuce.

Yield: 2

2 comments:

Mags said...

I absolutely love chicken salad in the summer and this looks delicious. I like the addition of the thyme.

Laurie said...

Me too, Mags. There's something about chicken salad on a croissant or crusty roll. Mmmm. I think next time I might add just a bit more thyme (preferably fresh thyme but dried was all I had on hand this time around).

Related Posts with Thumbnails