Wednesday, 18 August 2010

And the Award Goes to ....

Fellow blogger, Sharilyn from The Sharilyn Review, has bestowed upon little old me an honour. She has given me the Versatile Blogger award! My very first award! Thanks so much for thinking of me Sharilyn!

This award has 4 rules that go along with it. They are:
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them when creating the award post.
  2. Share seven things about yourself.
  3. Pass the award on to 15 recently discovered blogs.
  4. Contact the bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven Things About Me
  1. I love salty foods over sweet. I often will bake desserts for my family and not eat them.
  2. I do not know, nor do I want to know, how to run a snowblower or lawnmower. I like to be able to plead ignorance in case my help is needed with outdoor chores that don't have to do with my gardens.
  3. I've never seen the Pacific Ocean.
  4. I have so much useless entertainment trivia floating around in my cranium. If only I could use that information for the good of mankind. I know who married whom, the names of famous people's children etc etc.
  5. I love labels. I label things even when you can obviously see what they are (ie relabelling my spice jars). I'd label my kids (which would help with remembering their names) but I'm pretty sure the labels would fall off.
  6. I love to travel. I've been to the US, Mexico, Holland, Germany and Italy. The next places I'd love to travel to are England and Scotland.
  7. One of my current favourite TV shows is "Big Bang Theory". How can you not love Sheldon and Howard Wolowitz?!?! You just can't!

I know that I'm supposed to forward this award to 15 other bloggers but I honestly don't regularly go to 15 blog sites but I do have my favourites that I visit often. Here they are:

First of all, I'd like to give this Versatile Blogger Award to ... (envelope opening)

Mags from The Other Side of Fifty!! Mags has been so supportive with my newbie blogger self. She visits my little blog (which I really appreciate) and she has some amazing, mouth watering recipes to boot. I adore her sense of humour especially her comments about her fellow Co-Irkers and PMS (Pacifying My Sisters).

The second person I'd like to bestow this honour is on fellow reading blogger and new mom (to a beautiful daughter), Janssen from Everyday Reading. Like me, she is an avid reader and has one of my dream jobs (school librarian!). If you're into Young Adult books definitely check out her blog!

Lastly, I'd like to give this award to Dara at The Cooking Canuck. Dara not only has wonderful recipes but her pictures of those recipes are spectacular! Dara may have lived in the States for over a decade but, as she says, she's still a Canuck at heart!

Those are some of my favourite bloggers. What are your favourites?

4 comments:

Mags said...

Laurie..thank you so much for sharing this award with me! I'm touched, verklempt, and I can't even tawk. XOXOX

Laurie said...

Ok Mags, since you're verklempt and can't tawk I'll give you a topic. Great blogs .. discuss. ;) Keep up the great work, Mags.

Janssen said...

You're so nice!! Thanks so much!

Laurie said...

Janssen, you are more than welcome. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails