Monday, 26 September 2011

Meal Plan #2

Ok, week one using a meal plan went pretty well. I stuck to my meal plan each supper except for one night (Thursday - we went out for dinner). I like using a meal plan -- but I love cooking on the fly a lot more. But due to my new work schedule making meals 'willy nilly' isn't something that I have time to do anymore. I'll save my cookin' by the seat of my pants for the weekends. :)

Soooo, here goes another week of meal plans!!

Monday
Italian Meatball Soup with toasted garlic bread (forgot to pick up garlic bread so that side dish turned into bagels broiled with cheese on top. See I can still fly by the seat of my pants in the kitchen. I'm a total maverick! ;)

Tuesday
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Veggies & dip

Wednesday
Ranch Chicken (* New recipe *)
Mashed Potatoes
Green beans from m'garden

Thursday
Sweet Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin (Crock Pot) (* New recipe *)
Baked Potatoes
Asparagus sauteed in balsamic & a wee bit o' butter

Friday
Breakfast for Dinner!! Pancakes, bacon, fruit & yogurt smoothies

What are some of your favourite weeknight 'gotta get a good meal on the table before we have to rush off to extracurricular activities' kind of meals'?

4 comments:

Dzoli said...

Great meal plan.Sounds delicious and gave me some idea about mine;)

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Thanks Dzoli!! :)

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

I often turn to spaghetti and meatballs, which my kids never seem to get tired of, and the next night I'll make the leftovers into meatball subs. I also like a crock pot meal like pulled pork that can become pulled pork taquitos the next night. Especially when my husband is deployed, it makes school night routine SO much easier. I try to do a bit of planning and baking on Sunday afternoon so I start the week prepared to hit the ground running. Glad to hear work is going well!

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Hey Jen! Yes, we're also big spaghetti and meatball lovers too. :) One of my 'go to/oh no what am I making for supper' meals is my homemade mac'n'cheese. Made it so much that I don't need the recipe. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails