Wednesday, 28 September 2011

'Whatcha Reading?' Wednesday!!



This has been a very successful reading week for me. Unfortunately right now I'm suffering from a weather induced migraine so I'm going to make this post short and sweet. Being a human barometer isn't all it's cracked up to be!!

This week I read a supernatural/urban fantasy ebook on my Kindle called "Along Came a Demon" which I reviewed yesterday. Not my favourite read. Next I read the fifth book in the Mary O'Reilly series by Terri Reid. I'll be reviewing that book soon so you'll have to wait and see what I thought of it.

Today I picked up "Library of the Dead" by Glenn Cooper. I cannot remember who recommended this book to me but I've had it out from the library for several weeks now. So far (I'm 100 pages in) it feels like an Alex Cross meets DaVinci Code kind of read. So far, so good!

Next up? I have "Sister" by Rosamund Lupton.

What did you read this week? Didja love it? Would you recommend it?

4 comments:

April from Comox said...

A busy week and fairly nice weather has added up to not a lot of reading time for for me! I read (and very much enjoyed) Throwaway Daughter by Ting Xing-Ye. And now I am reading Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong. It's been a bit since I have been immersed in the Women of the Otherworld. It's nice to be back ;-)

Delia (Postcards from Asia) said...

First of all, I hope you feel better, the migraine gone and you can go back to reading and baking. :)

I finished "Men from the Boys" by Tony Parsons and will try to post a review soon. The words are still in my head, let's see if I can convince them to come out. :)
I did enjoy the book, he has a straightforward writing style which can be refreshing, particularly after a "heavy", complicated book.

TheBookGirl said...

Sorry to hear you are fighting the migraine gremlins...hope you are on the mend.

I will be interested to see what you think of Sister...I have seen a few reviews, some good, some mixed.

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

April -- I need to pick up the Women of the Underworld again! It's been way too long. What is "Throw Away Daughter" about. It sounds intriguing.

Delia -- I am fully recovered from my migraine, thank you! I look forward to reading your review of "Men From the Boys"! :)

Bookgirl -- I have defeated the Migraine Gremlins ... for now. I'm sure they'll pop up again :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails