Monday, 3 October 2011

Meal Plan Monday #3

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I spent Sunday in the kitchen. It was wet and cold here in Bookwormville so I hunkered down and baked and cooked my heart out! I baked a batch of my Double Berry Bran Muffins as well as a HUGE pot of Kitchen Sink Chili. I have already frozen half of the muffins and half of the chili for future snacks/meals to help ease the stress of week night suppers. That being said, it's that time again! Meal Plan Monday!!

Before I tell you what I'm making for my loved ones suppers this week I just want to say that I will be the first to admit that I don't always cook from scratch. Sometimes I just don't have the energy but there are other times when I admit to having cravings for preservative laden, tritrate marinated foods. Hello Twinkie, bonjour Joe Louis half moons, good evening kettle chips, good morning Fruit Loops, well hello Mr Pogo and your fry sidekicks. My stomach sometimes has a mind of it's own and craves 'bad for me' treats ... and sometimes I give in to it!! :)

With that said I will admit that tonight I took the easy way out. Even though my kids were shouting my praises I wasn't thrilled with feeding them PC White Cheddar Macaroni (from a box) and hot dogs for their supper. There were some carrot sticks on the table as well to offset the preservative filled delicacies that I served so that helped me feel better about it. :)

I'm not going to feel too bad about serving up tube steaks and KD because I have an awesome week of homemade meals ahead of me ... including TWO turkey dinners! Oh ya, baby!!! And who can forget all the wonderful side dishes and desserts that go along with my favourite poultry?!?! Yes, it's going to be a week of good eats around here!!

Here's what I have planned for this week ----

Tuesday
Bubble Up Pizza Casserole (NEW recipe!)
Caesar Salad

Wednesday
Beef Pie
Mashed Potatoes
Carrots

Thursday
Easy Marinated Pork Loin Chops
Baked Potatoes
Corn

Friday
Baked Pasta Casserole with Ricotta and Tomato
Salad

Saturday -- Thanksgiving Dinner #1
Turkey & all the fixin's!

Sunday -- Thanksgiving Dinner #2!
Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Turnip Casserole for Picky Eaters, Cauliflower & Brocoli Casserole, various desserts including my MIL's famous Apple Pie (hint, hint to my MIL).

So what do you have planned this week for supper?? Are you using some 'tried and true' recipes or trying out something new??

Wishing all of my fellow Canadians a very happy Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my plans for this week are your plan, I'm too lazy to make my own, lol.

this is happyhearts btw.

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Happyhearts,
Your comment made me smile.:) I hope you enjoy what I've planned out! The Bubble Up Pizza casserole was well received here tonight. :)

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

I'm going to confess my ignorance here - I didn't know Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving. I thought it was an American thing... hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Jen, we sure do!! :) It's usually the second weekend in October which means perfect timing for all the coloured leaves and sometimes (like this weekend) it's so nice that our family can eat our Thanksgiving supper outside at the cottage ... all 20+ of us! :) I cannot wait for a full turkey supper complete with pumpkin pie ..... Mmmmm.

We don't have any Black Friday-type deals like you guys do but it's great to have a long weekend in October!! :)

TheBookGirl said...

I admire your candor about your occasional foray into the land of Twinkies, etc... I try to eat healthy most of the time, but every now and then a girl needs her sugar fix :)

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Thanks TheBookGirl! I try to eat healthy too but it's kind of great to be 'bad' sometimes. I'm much more of a salty treat kinda girl. Give me chips and a pop over a piece of cake anyday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails