Monday, 10 October 2011

Meal Plan Monday #4

I hope all of my fellow Canadians had a truly wonderful Thanksgiving! We had absolutely the best weather that I can remember for Thanksgiving. A high of 27C and sun, sun, SUN! Today we spent the day on a great hike at one of our favourite conservation areas for some truly stellar fall pictures and a wonderful way to end a great weekend.





We spent the first part of the weekend at my parents' cottage with my family which included my parents, my sisters and their families (which included all 10 grandchildren), my mother-in-law and 4 dogs. Let me tell you it was a fun and tiring weekend and as you may have guessed it was not a quiet weekend!

One of the things our family is known for is making a tonne of food. No one ever leaves our social gatherings hungry and this weekend was no exception! We had everything from huge breakfasts, goat cheese topped with balsamic glaze and tomatoes, bruschetta, turkey with all the fixin's, apple crisp, cookies, ice cream and a pumpkin dip that I made. I'll post that recipe tomorrow!

Here is what I have planned for suppers in my household this week. I'm trying out a few new recipes to spice things up a bit.

Monday -- Canadian Thanksgiving/Exhaustion-Induced Post-Hike Easy Meal
- pancakes
- fruit
- yogurt

Tuesday
- Kitchen Sink Chili This meal is from my freezer stash -- from a double batch that I had made a few weeks ago -- and is a sanity saver considering that all food stores are closed for the holiday and I had no forethought to shop before today! Gotta love that I was on the ball .... a few weeks ago anyway!
- Salad

Wednesday
- Baked Pasta Casserole with Ricotta and Tomatoes
(note: I am adamant that I'm going to make this dish this week! It's been on my meal plan for two weeks now but somehow always gets substituted for something else)

Thursday
- Southwest Skillet Patties (NEW RECIPE)
- Mexican Potatoes (NEW RECIPE)

Friday "Fend For Yourself Friday"
- I'm so excited to be going out for supper with one of my best friends from college who I haven't seen in a long time. Missy Moo is with my parents and the menfolk are doing Scout/Cub stuff so they're on their own!

Saturday
- Speedy Sausage Skillet (NEW RECIPE)
- Yogurt Fruit Smoothies

4 comments:

Dzoli said...

Great menu..look forward \to some recepies from it;))

Jen at The Three Little Piglets said...

Sounds like you had a memorable holiday weekend if not a quiet one! We also have a fend for yourself night, when I'm at class, or some nights when my husband "cooks" (and I use that term VERY loosely), the kids call it dad's grill.

Kym said...

I can't wait for dinner on Friday night! I am leaving my house on Wednesday until Sat. It is called fend for yourselves WEEK in our place :)

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Sounds like 'fend for yourself' nights are quite common!! :)

Kym - I'm really excited to see you too! It's been way too long, m'dear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails