Wednesday, 12 October 2011

'Whatcha Reading?' Wednesday



I hope everyone had a great week filled with lots of wonderful new reads!

This past week I started reading "Sister" by Rosamund Lupton but had to put it down. It was too slow and the author's method of having the older sister talk, journal style, to her missing younger sister was confusing at times. Was the older sister 'talking' to her sister or the police inspector who was standing right in front of her? It wasn't holding my interest so I moved on. C'est la vie!

Currently I'm reading a book on my Kindle called "The Swan House" by Elizabeth Musser. It's been on my Kindle for a few weeks now and I'm not sure who recommended it to me but so far it's good (I'm 20% in). It's much more subdued and a little less vibrant than I was expecting but still a good read. It's set in Atlanta during the 1960's.

Next up? I may re-read "The Winter Sea" by one of my favourite Canadian authors, Susanna Kearsley. This book is also known as "Sophia's Secret" in the USA. Kearsley is one of my top 'historical fiction with a twist' authors.

So what books have you been reading this past week? Did my fellow Canucks get some down time over the long weekend to pick up a book?? The weather was perfect for sittin' in a hammock with a book!

5 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

I stopped by your blog today.
Ann

April from Comox said...

I'm still working on A Dance With Dragons (Game of Thrones book 5). It's a looooonng book! LOL! I want to read Susanna Kearsley, but I can't find her on the library ebooks site and I am trying not to spend money. I'll have to keep looking.

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Cozy in Texas -- thanks for stopping by!

April -- The length of those books honestly scare me a bit! They must be pretty HUGE!

I'm sure that your local library will have some of Kearsley's book (paper books, not ebooks). She has several books out but The Winter Sea is my favourite. :)

Pacheco Patty said...

I'm reading Best food writing 2010 by Holly Hughes just for a little food writing inspiration. I like it because you can pick it up and read a chapter then put it down- good for moments when your attention span isn't so good;-)

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Patty -- sounds like a great book! I also love books that are easy to pick up when you have a few spare minutes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails