Happy 2014, everyone!!
I hope you had a blast welcoming in the new year last night. We decided on a quiet night at home filled with loads of food, some family Wii time and a movie. It was nice, relaxing ... and just what this Bookworm Family needed.
As I think back on 2013, I have to say that it was a good year here on the blog. I saw a huge surge in blog traffic on the blog (and my blog's Facebook page) and I was given the opportunity by authors, publishers and NetGalley to review a tonne of Advanced Reading Copies. I had quite a few posts that were more popular than others (thanks mainly to my Pinterest peeps). Many of my top posts weren't actually written in 2013 but oldies are often goodies (that's what I'm hoping as I get older anyway). I love seeing that people enjoy what I write. There's nothing a blogger loves more than to know you're not just blogging to your friends and family or worse ... online crickets. Talking to yourself is never much fun.
Below I've listed my most popular 10 recipes (and blathering) posts as well as my top 10 book reviews of 2013. Just click on each link to go see the original post. I'm always amazed at how some of my older recipes continue to be at the top of my stats, namely my Greek Chicken Marinade (truly delish), my Mom's Peaches and Cream Dessert (a fav!)and my post about Household Tips and Tricks - which saw a lot of action from Pinterest fans!
Thanks again to all my followers, old and new, who keep coming back and checking out my blog. It truly means a lot to me. As you may have seen on the blog, I made my GoodReads quota in 2013 (I just squeaked in my goal of 65 books - phew!) and I plan to up that to 70 books in 2014. Nothing like a little challenge to get me going.
Here's to a delicious 2014 filled with great new reads to fill our souls and countless wonderful recipes to fill our bellies! Thanks for a great 2013!
Top Recipes and 'My Blathering' posts
1. Greek Chicken Marinade
2. Overnight French Toast Bake
3. Ultimate Chicken Marinade
4. Karate Gi Cake
5. Bacon Chicken Ranch Pasta
6. Buffalo Chicken Dip
7. Purse Cake with Faux Strawberry Frosting
8. Peaches and Cream Dessert
9. Household Tips and Tricks to Save Sanity, Time and Money
10. Nutella Buttercream Frosting
My Fav Books of 2013
1. Any Known Blood by Lawrence Hill
2. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
3. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler
4. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (#2 in the Eternity Cure series)
5. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
6. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
7. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
8. Hush Little Baby by Suzanne Redfearn
9. The Arnifour Affair by Gregory Harris
10. Before I Met You by Lisa Jewell