Sunday, 28 December 2014

Countdown to New Year's Munchies!!

We in the Bookworm home love to celebrate New Years.  Sure it's fun to don party hats and get down with our funky selves to welcome the new year but it's really the food that gets us excited.  So, I thought that over the next couple of days I'd showcase some of my favourite appetizers that you can share with your friends and family as we ring in 2015. Here are a few to get your taste buds eager to celebrate with you!

Crispy Breaded Goat Cheese with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
This is Brad's fav and will probably be making an appearance during our New Year's festivities.  A crispy coating with the creamy awesomeness of goat cheese inside.  Paired with sun-dried tomato pesto (or the pesto of your choosing) this is a classy appetizer.

Double Tomato Balsamic Bruschetta
Balsamic added to anything makes it so much better but this bruschetta (pronounced brus-ketta) is wonderfully fresh.  I love that you can prep the tomato mixture ahead of time which increases your party time instead of being stuck in the kitchen.

Buffalo Chicken Bundles with Avocado Blue Cheese Dip
Blue cheese, in recent years, has become a favourite of mine.  Add to that my new obsessions with Buffalo wing sauce and guacamole and this one is a no brainer.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is a delicious dip that feeds a crowd with just the right amount of heat.

Cheese.  Bacon.  Fries.  The gastronomical trinity that my stomach craves.  'Nuff said.

This easy to make dip is one of Brad and my favourite dips of all time.  Ya, I said it.  ALL TIME.  The taste and texture are just like the jalapeno poppers that we all love!


I'll be posting more appetizer recipes in the next few days so make sure you check back! I'll even thrown in a couple of sweet treats you can serve too.  You can also keep up to date by following me on Facebook.

2 comments:

Janine K said...

Your nibblies look so tasty Lauren! Enjoy your new year celebrations 😃

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Thanks Janine. Wishing you a great New Years too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails