Friday, 15 January 2016

Bacon and Egg Pizza

I adore breakfast foods.  Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, waffles ....  I love 'em all!  It's also one of the few types of foods that my whole family can agree on. They hail me as awesome if I serve breakfast for supper.  S'all good, my small humans, s'all good because I hate making breakfast foods in the morning.  Too much clean up in the wee hours before my Caffeination Transformation process has taken effect.  I do so require love my morning java.  

One of the foods that I couldn't live without are eggs.  I eat them pretty much on a daily basis (a hard-boiled egg is a great snack) so making a breakfast-y pizza with eggs was a no brainer for me.  Add in some delicious additions which are tasty but also clean out my fridge and I'm a happy gal.

This is an easy meal that you could make at any time of the day.  Like any pizza you can personalize it with your favourite toppings - the combinations are endless.  Got some extra baby spinach?  Throw it on.  Got some leftover sausage?  Slice up that bad boy!  Have a hankering for feta?  Crumble on, my friend,  crumble on!

And these personal sized naan bread?  Where have you been all my life?  They are perfect for individual pizzas!  They bake up nice and crispy and they save time, y'all!!  We no longer have to schedule in the 'Family Pizza Night Argument' which consists of us trying to come up with a topping combination to suit everyone (which by the way there is no real answer because someone is always ticked off about the end result).  Now everyone can make their own pizza!  There is peace and harmony in the house, I'm not making all the pizza myself and there's warm pizza in d'bellies.  Another win for Mom!


Recipe for 1 personal pizza

1 personal sized naan bread
oil
garlic powder
salt and pepper

1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 bacon slices, crumbled (or 3 tbsp of real bacon bits)
1/2 cup shredded marble cheese
2 eggs

Garnish Ideas - more cheese! Sprinkle of your favourite herb.

Preheat oven to 425F.  Line a baking pan with aluminum foil. 

Tip: You may want to have enough aluminum foil at the edges that enables you to fold it up over the edge of the naan just in case it starts to get overcooked as you wait for your eggs to set. 

Lightly spray or brush the foil with oil (don't skip this step - like I did - the foil will stick to your naan!).  Place the naan onto the baking sheet. 

Brush the outer edge of the naan lightly with oil.  Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Place tomato slices into the centre of the naan bread.  Top with mushrooms, onion, bacon and shredded cheese.  Make two wells/divots among your toppings.  Crack each egg into a divot.  If you don't do this your egg whites will try to slide right off the pizza so shore them up with your mushrooms, onions and cheese.  It's like Jenga on pizza.

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the egg whites are fully cooked or your eggs are set the way you like them.  


Remove from oven.  Top with extra cheese, herbs if you want.  Allow pizza to sit a couple of minutes so your toppings don't fall off when you cut into it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails