I got this idea from fellow blogger, Janssen. I figured it would be interesting to post 100 various things about me since many of you don't know who this Bookworm is. :) Here are some random facts about me ...
1. I didn’t have a name for 5 days. My parents were certain I was going to be a boy and didn’t see the need to pick a girl’s name.
2. Before I was 18 years old I lived in 8 houses.
3. I loved staying in the hospital after my kids were born. I didn’t mind the food either.
4. It doesn't look overly big but I have a very large head … hard to find hats that fit me.
5. I’ve worn glasses since Grade 1 but my prescription hasn’t changed at all
6. I love to bake (shocking!) and find it very cathartic
7. I hate it when people chew with their mouths open
8. I love the smell of newborn babies and hospital laundry
9. I’ve travelled to the US, Mexico, Holland, Germany and Italy.
10. I HATE being late (or when others keep me waiting)
11. I don’t have a lot of patience
12. I’m a total Type A Personality
13. I have a degree and a diploma
14. I do not feel that I wasted my education by being a Stay-at-Home Mom (and hate that question when asked)
15. I can’t sleep if my feet are cold.
16. I love staying up late at night.
17. I adore reading in bed before I go to sleep
18. I have fainted at the sight of a needle
19. I love salty foods over sweet. I often make desserts and muffins for my family and don’t eat them.
20. I look forward to my morning coffee
21. I think my kids are really cool (even if they weren’t my kids I’d think they were cool)
22. My kids are really cute (really!)
23. I take my coffee ‘double double’ (for those Non-Canadians here that means “two creams, two sugars”)
24. I’m extremely proud of being Canadian.
25. If my blood sugar gets too low I become a mean ogre
26. I’m very shy around people I don’t know.
27. I have a great sense of humour (and apparently no humility)
28. I love to browse the library and could easily spend hours there
29. I was never embarrassed, even as a teen, of my parents. They were pretty cool (still are).
30. I LOVE walking through model homes.
31. I have 9 nieces and nephews.
32. I’ve been on vacation with my entire extended family (my family, my parents, my 2 sisters and their families) twice. That's 10 kids (10 years and under) and 8 adults!
33. I adore fall. Love the colours, smells, chill in the air, making stews and soups …
34. I hate being too hot and don’t do well with high humidity
35. Hubby and I went to Disney World and the Gulf coast for our honeymoon.
36. My favourite ice cream is peanut butter and chocolate.
37. Since I’m a Type A personality I always started my university essays waaaay ahead of the due date (and got lovingly teased by my roomies)… but I always got an A
38. I rarely cry while watching movies.
39. I think feet are the ugliest part of the body.
40. My right thumb is double jointed.
41. I’m addicted to my PVR and wonder what life was like without it.
42. I am not a good flyer.
43. I’m not big on naming kids after other people.
44. My nickname as a child was ‘pumpkin’
45. My nickname from college (which I embraced) was “Phebes” (supposedly I made some airhead remarks once or twice)
46. I hate parsnips
47. I think Doritos taste like stinky feet
48. I have waaay too many favourite books to pick just one
49. I’ve read the first 4 books in the Harry Potter series at least 4 times
50. My kids all have names that cannot be shortened into nicknames.
51. I'm scared of heights. I froze in fear towards the top of a ladder in the belfry of a church in Holland b/c I looked down. So not cool. :s
52. I have tonnes of useless entertainment trivia in my head (I still have many lines from “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” and “Breakfast Club” memorized; know who married who, who divorced who blah blah blah)
53. I have never seen a black and white film
54. I’m the oldest of three daughters
55. I pray every day
56. I was correct with guessing the sexes of each of our kids … but have been wrong 99% of the time guessing the sex of other people’s babies
57. I would have had one more child but hubby was good with 3
58. I had a Maid of Honour and a Man of Honour at my wedding
59. I gave a kick ass speech at my wedding (there's that humility thing again)
60. I sweat the little things
61. I love to organize and praise whoever invented personal labelling machines
62. I can draw pretty well … especially cartoon people
63. I have my Grade 8 in piano from the Royal Conservatory of Music (Canada) and my Grade 2 in theory
64. I forced myself, at the age of 14, to compete in a piano competition (came in 3rd)
65. I hate playing piano for other people. I play for me and prefer classical music.
66. One of my favourite meals is a turkey dinner with all the fixin's.
67. In high school I had a goal to go to Europe before I graduated – I went on a bicycle trip to Holland and Germany at the end of Grade 12 (this was back when we still had Grade 13 so I made it before I graduated!)
68. My two oldest friendships are 27 years old each.
69. I would love to own a book shop with a small coffee shop within it
70. I used to be an American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter
71. The next countries I want to visit are: England and Scotland
72. My heritage is English, Welsh, Scots and Irish
73. I have a HUGE extended family and I’m still in contact with them down to my 4th cousins
74. I hate roller coasters
75. I love going for walks
76. Looking at house plans is my porn
77. I do not iron or sew
78. I went to a school of the arts (aka Fame school) from grade 9-11
79. I remember the exact moment I first saw my husband (way back in 1989)
80. I live 2km from my parents
81. I really want an iPhone. HINT to Hubby. (UPDATE: Got one!! Major Hubby Points awarded to B)
82. I love comfy clothes
83. I hate shoe shopping
84. I love to garden outside but kill houseplants regularly
85. I love fine tipped pens in various colours
86. I'm addicted to organic handcreams
87. My favourite TV shows are: “Modern Family”, “How I Met Your Mother”, “Vampire Diaries”, "The Nate Berkus Show" and “Candice Tells All”
88. I’m much happier when I have good girlfriends around to chat with and hang out with regularly
89. I love having breakfast for dinner
90. I could eat asparagus or eggs everyday
91. I went to the same grade school as Shania Twain
92. I love making lists
93. I wish I could knit
94. I prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate
95. I adore potatoes in any form
96. My hubby and I are technically cousins (my second cousin married his second cousin – it was a second marriage for both, don’t worry there’s no blood relation)
97. I keep an excel spreadsheet to keep track of all of the books I read. I’ve done this since 2004
98. The most daring thing I’ve ever eaten has been cow’s tongue while in Holland. It was really tender and tasty.
99. I would love to eat at a 3 Michelin starred restaurant (Gordon Ramsay, call me!)
100. I would love to go to a live taping of Oprah’s show
101. I check my email approximately 382 times per day and I ADORE getting comments on my blog (HINT, HINT, HINT!!!).
So there are 101 things about little old me. :)
The Baking Bookworm