- "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she's in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt
- "The only stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking, you've got to have the 'what-the-hell attitude'. -- Julia Child
- "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." --- Groucho Marx
- "Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." -- Emilie Buchwald
- "No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally - and often far more - worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond." -- C.S. Lewis
- "A gourmet who thinks of calories is like a tart who looks at her watch." -- James Beard
- "The more that you read, the more things that you'll know,
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go!"
-- Dr Seuss ("I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!" - 1978)
- "Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend." -- Zenna Schaffer
- "Reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad books." -- "Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" pg 67
- "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them." -- Mark Twain
- "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me". -- C. S. Lewis
- "A book burrows into your life in a very profound way because the experience of reading is not passive." -- Erica Jong, "O Magazine" 2003
This is where I'll keep track of cool quotes I find. For the most part they'll have to do with cooking and reading but some may be just because I think they're profound or pretty cool! I'll post my new finds on my blog then put them in here to keep track of them.